The Best Fishing Lines for 2020
1. KastKing SuperPower Braided Fishing Line – The Best Overall
Featuring skillfully incorporated strands, this braided line from KastKing simply ticks all the right boxes as far as a high-quality fishing line is concerned. With a very small diameter and nearly no stretch, the SuperPower gives you the ultimate control not only on the swimming action of your lure but also makes it very difficult for fish to slip away.
That’s not all; this line is available in a variety of lengths and thicknesses to give you a wide range of options and the best solution for whatever you’re looking for in a fishing line. Structured to have low memory, this line allows you to tie a very strong knot and enhance your chances of casting farther with fewer wind issues.
- It is superbly designed to improve your catch ratio
- It is strong and very durable
- It’s available in a variety of colors and tensile strengths
- It’s user-friendly for both experienced and new anglers
- It’s stretch-proof to ensure high sensitivity to the bites
- It is thicker than most lines
2. Power Pro Spectra Fiber Braided Fishing Line – The Best Braided Line
The Power Pro Spectra is another top-notch braided fishing line that is a big hit with anglers who love fishing in transparent water bodies. This is because it has a very thin diameter and works effectively, especially if you want a line that’s unnoticeable to the fish. Again, this line can give vigorous lures an outlook that every angler is or should be dreaming of.
This fishing line is designed with Enhanced Body Technology, which is a protective layer that prevents it from peeling off easily. This also gives it a higher degree of strength so that you do not easily lose fish that is already hooked on your line. Thanks to its almost zero-stretch feature and a triple end braided design, this is perhaps the most sensitive line ever.
- It is very durable
- It is very sensitive
- It is unnoticeable and won’t spook fish
- Easy to spool on spinning reels
- It offers smooth casting
- It has zero stretch
- It’s difficult to cut
- The dye will wear out with time
3. Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool Fishing Line – The Best Monofilament
There’s a pretty good reason why the Berkley Trilene remains one of the most popular and cherished fishing lines in North America’s angling scene. Well, it will never let you down when it comes to reliability, strength, and value for your money.
Whether you’re planning to fish in freshwater or saltwater, this line will give you the power to effortlessly fight even the biggest of fish. That’s essentially why it’s very popular with large-mouth bass anglers as it guarantees a good fight with the aggressive bass until the end. Its elasticity will give you the confidence of putting in a good fight without getting concerned that it might break.
So if you want a line that will help you fight a fierce fish such as bass down to the wire, the Berkley Trilene is your best friend.
- It’s very flexible and offers smooth casting
- It has incredible resistance to abrasion
- It has a controlled elasticity
- It’s fairly affordable
- It’s available in a wide range of colors
- It’s very strong and break-resistant
- Its memory is a bit high
- May be difficult to perfectly feel the bites as it’s not very sensitive
4. Seaguar Invizx Fluorocarbon Fishing Line – The Best Fluorocarbon
As its name suggests, the Invizx is virtually invisible underwater, which is an advantage that every angler should be proud of. When using this 100% fluorocarbon line, you can be fully guaranteed that even the biggest of fish won’t know what hit him! This is a seriously strong and highly-sensitive line that gives you the big advantage of feeling a bite instantly.
Perfect for both baitcasting and spinning reels, the Invizx is a very versatile line that’s perfect for both freshwater and saltwater. These are some great qualities that make it a must-have in your tackle box. This is a very supple line that will cast without compromising abrasion resistance.
- It is very sensitive
- It is invisible underwater and won’t spook fish
- It is abrasion-resistant
- Great for both freshwater and saltwater
- It’s superb for both spinning and baitcasting reels
- It’s reasonably affordable
- Knots may not work perfectly with it
5. SpiderWire Stealth Fishing Line – Offers the Best Value
The tagline “nothing gets away” should give you a hint as to what to expect from this superb braided fishing line. If you have a spinning reel and wondering what type of line may make a good combo, the SpiderWire is the best solution. We’re talking about a line that’s built to enhance performance thanks to its great features such as extreme sensitivity and strength.
In essence, this line is designed with thin construction to guarantee strength and stealth performance every time you hit the waters. Its Dyneema PE microfiber makes it durable, non-stretching, and very smooth even in longer casts. This is a sublime line that is available in a variety of colors that blends well with almost all fishing environments.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Easy to cast in farther distances
- It’s very smooth and extremely sensitive
- It is strong and resistant to breaking
- It’s excellent for spinning reels
- It has superb knot strength
- Does not knot up easily when compared to other lines
- Not perfect for extreme fishing situations such as in enormous waves and currents
6. Piscifun Onyx Braided Fishing Line Advanced Superline Braid – The Most Attractive Line
As one of the most famous brands, Piscifun is known to manufacture products that offer functionality but without compromising attractiveness and the Onyx is no different. Made with excellent fiber materials, this line is very strong and can perfectly accommodate four strands of line, which is perfect if you want to make knots without a hassle.
This line is resistant to abrasion, a feature that makes it very durable while still giving you a good chance of preventing a hooked fish from escaping. Its revolutionary epoxy coating technology makes it one of the most attractive fishing lines out there and can be a great option if you want to stand out from other anglers without sacrificing functionality.
- Available in a wide range of color for all fishing environments
- It has a very low stretch
- It is extremely sensitive
- The epoxy coating technology makes it durable yet very attractive
- It’s resistant to abrasion
- It’s fairly affordable
- It tends to be noisy on the reels
7. Stren High Impact Monofilament Line – The Highest Impact Shock Absorbing Fishing Line
Many anglers prefer fishing lines that are extremely resistant to hard-hitting fish species such as bass. So if you’ve been spending sleepless nights looking for a line that offers the highest impact shock absorption for your next fishing trip, the Stren High Impact might just be what you’ve been looking for!
This is an excellent line that will help you effortlessly handle the most aggressive fish without breaking. It has a nicely controlled stretch that can superbly adjust to any form of force. The fact that this line can cushion against acute impact shocks won’t affect the way you fish. Well, this is because the resistance is not excessive and is specifically designed for fish species that will fight you to the very end.
- It has a high tensile strength
- It is resistant to abrasion
- It has extremely excellent shock and impact absorption
- It’s perfect for the most aggressive fish species
- It’s quite affordable
- May knot up easily
- It has a high memory
8. Reaction Tackle High-Performance Braided Fishing Line – The Most Durable Line
As a high-performance fishing line made from the strongest fiber (100% high-quality UHMWPE) in the world, this fishing line is unquestionably one of the most durable lines in fishing. Whether you’re looking to fish for bass, trout, Muskie, walleye or any other aggressive species, this line will never let you down.
It’s structured with a small diameter, super thin, and sleek line that will work excellently in all water conditions. The fact that it has an extremely high level of corrosion resistance makes it very strong and hard to break even when the bad guy at the end of your line is super aggressive. It is also very sensitive and has zero stretches, which makes it the go-to-guy if you want a line that will serve you unwaveringly for numerous fishing trips.
- It’s extremely durable
- It’s very versatile in catching a variety of fish
- It’s highly sensitive
- It’s resistant to abrasion
- It’s quite cheap
- It has a color-lock to prevent fading
- It’s thicker than other lines
- Making a knot is quite cumbersome
9. South Bend Monofilament Fishing Line – The Most Versatile
If you’ve been looking for a high-quality fishing line that’s perfect for almost all fish species, the South Bend Monofilament should be a great option. In addition to its variety of colors that make it ideal for various fishing conditions, this line will never let you down no matter the type of fish you target.
That’s because it has a high knot strength that gives you the advantage of using almost all types of lures. It is also resistant to abrasion and will allow you to cast even in the rockiest parts of the water without worrying that your line might snap! The fact that it’s available in 12 different size options ranging from 4 lbs. to 60 lbs. makes it one of the most versatile fishing lines in the market.
- It’s very versatile and blends easily with water bodies
- Perfect for fishing a wide variety of fish species
- It’s durable
- You can use it as a leader
- It has a very low memory
- It’s affordable
- It’s devoid of smooth retrievals
- Can easily tangle
10. American Fishing Wire Tooth Proof Stainless Steel Fishing Line – An Excellent Combination of Strength and Flexibility
This is an excellent fishing line that oozes high-quality while perfectly bringing to your fishing game and an excellent combination of strength and flexibility. As such, this line is strong, durable, and will perfectly meet all your fishing needs now and in the future and all fishing conditions.
Made from treated stainless steel alloy, this makes it hard but not brittle. This means that it won’t break whatsoever, especially when the fish is hooked. Its abrasion-resistant feature could also help you land that elusive prize-winning fish! In essence, this is one of the best lines to consider for your fishing escapades.
- Highly resistant to corrosion as it’s made from stainless steel
- It’s easy to use
- It’s very durable
- It’s resistant to abrasion
- It’s hard and strong but not brittle
- It’s not very sensitive
When involved in delicate activities such as fishing, having the right type of equipment is paramount. As an integral part of your fishing activities, you should always go for a fishing line that will never let you down and ruin your day. So if you don’t want a line that might snap at the most crucial moment when the fish is hooked, the above-described fishing lines might be the right solution.
Whatever fishing line you choose, it should increase your chances of landing a big one and making your angling adventure more rewarding.
Tight lines pal!